The UTS Law Students’ Society (UTS LSS) is a student run organisation that caters to the educational, vocational and social needs of UTS Law students. By balancing these fundamental aspects of university life, it is our belief that students will align themselves with the skills, knowledge and attributes required for them to realise their potential and achieve their career goals.
It is our vision to elevate the quality and standard of university life for law students at UTS to its utmost potential, primarily through meeting the educational, vocational and social needs of UTS law students. In doing so, we endeavour to establish a reputation as the most student-oriented and student-focused Law Students’ Society in Australia.
- To ensure that the educational, vocational and social needs of all UTS law students are met through a society that is responsive to student demand and the changing environment in which it operates.
- To ensure that UTS law students are aware of the various career opportunities available to them, including: legal and non-legal; domestic and international; and in the public and private sectors.
- To advocate awareness of issues in the legal profession, promote discussion and encourage action to generate positive change.
- To ensure UTS law students graduate with a strong concept of social justice and their duty as lawyers to the community.
What We Do
The UTS Law Students’ Society caters to the needs of Law students in a number of ways:
- Publishing a quarterly academic journal on topical legal issues;
- Organising career seminars and publishing career related newsletters and guides;
- Running a range of legal advocacy and legal skills competitions each semester;
- Establishing a variety of education and equity schemes to provide mentoring and financially or otherwise disadvantaged law students with the appropriate resources they require for their studies;
- Hosting a range of thought-provoking educational seminars;
- Advocating student needs to the UTS Faculty of Law;
- Coordinating and hosting numerous social and networking events, including the highly anticipated end of year Law Ball; and
- Maintaining relationships with other law student societies across Australia, in close affiliation with the Australian Law Students’ Society (ALSA).
The UTS Law Students’ Society firmly supports an open door policy and welcomes any ideas, concerns or thoughts regarding your life studying law at UTS. Feel free to drop by our office (CB5A.01.08) anytime to get to know us a little better.
If you have any questions regarding any aspect of the Society, please do not hesitate to contact the 2017 UTS LSS President, Christina Knezevich, at firstname.lastname@example.org.