Each year, the UTS LSS conducts a series of workshops to train the next generation of student judges. The Directors for each competition will ensure that you are instructed in the skills, strategies and common practices needed to confidently judge our rounds.
Attending a judging workshop is compulsory for anyone who wants to become a student judge. It is of the greatest importance that student judging is consistent internally and with external competitions.
Invariably, students learn more about competitions than they do as competitors and they often go on to compete at the intervarsity level with these skills. Judging also is a quality that is respected on a CV.
This year, the judging workshops will be held on the following dates in the Glasshouse (CB05A.01.50):
- Client Interviewing: Monday 28th March at 2:30 pm
- Mooting: Tuesday 28th March at 11:00 am
- Negotiation: Wednesday 29th March at 5:00 pm
- Witex: Thursday 30th March at 11:00 am
If for whatever reason you cannot attend the workshop but still wish to become a student judge, please contact the individual director.
- Jackson Kang (Client Interviewing): email@example.com
- Michael Mulvenna (Mooting): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter Tryfonopoulos (Negotiation): email@example.com
- Anthony Guerrieri (Witness Examination): firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the student judge application form here.