The Justice Action Committee is an official sub-committee of the UTS LSS. Committee members volunteer their time throughout the year to assist with planning and running events, raising funds for a range of causes, and implementing new initiatives. Our planned projects for 2016 included:
- Trivia nights where committee members will assist with organising catering, team registration, composing questions, running the event, and deciding on the organisation that funds will be donated to.
- Writing Parliamentary Submissions on important issues e.g. rights of the child.
- Raising money for a not-for-profit organisation through the Law Ball Raffle.
- Assisting with the work of the Social Justice portfolio, including but not limited to, the Red Cross Blood Donation Drive, World’s Greatest Shave, Live Below the Line, Sydney Homeless Connect, Westmead Children’s Hospital and Villawood Detention Centre visits and Homelessness Clothes Drive
- Other projects depending on the interests and passions of the members of JAC
The Justice Action Committee will meet throughout both Semesters with the Social Justice portfolio, or when required.
Committee members will have their hours credited under the Brennan Justice and Leadership Program’s ‘Leadership through Service’ component.
How to Apply?
Applications open 13 March 2017!
Please fill out this application form.
Applications close Friday 31 March 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact the 2017 UTS LSS Vice President (Social Justice) Director, Sarah Avery at email@example.com.