The Justice Action Committee (JAC) is an official sub-committee of the UTS LSS. Committee members volunteer their time throughout the year to assist with planning and running events, raising funds for a range of causes, and implementing new initiatives.
Our planned projects for 2018 include:
- Trivia nights where committee members will assist with organising catering, sourcing prizes, team registration, composing questions, running the event, and deciding on the organisation that funds will be donated to;
- Writing Parliamentary Submissions on important issues e.g. rights of the child.
- Raising money and sourcing raffle prizes for a not-for- profit organisation through the Law Ball Raffle;
- Assisting with the work of the Social Justice portfolio, including but not limited to, the Red Cross Blood Donation Drive, World’s Greatest Shave, Live Below the Line, Sydney Homeless Connect, Westmead Children’s Hospital and Homelessness Clothes Drive;
- Other projects depending on the interests and passions of the members of JAC
The JAC will meet throughout both Semesters with the Social Justice portfolio, or when required.
The first welcome meeting for JAC will be held Friday 13 April at 6pm. Please note that acceptance into JAC is conditional upon your attendance at this this meeting.
Committee members will have their hours credited under the Brennan Justice and Leadership Program’s ‘Leadership through Service’ component.
Applications to be in the 2018 Justice Action Committee are now open! To apply, please click here.
Application close 26 March 2018 at 5pm.
For more information, email Milena Mitic, Brennan Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org