Annually, the UTS Law Students’ Society welcomes first year students to UTS by inviting them to attend the UTS LSS First Year Law Camp.
The UTS LSS First Year Law Camp is a ultimate way to kickstart your university experience. It is a must attend event for all law students starting at UTS, giving you the perfect opportunity to get to know your fellow first year students in a relaxed and fun environment before the stress of university kicks in and start the semester with a heap of new friends.
Forget all about lame school camp stereotypes, this is a weekend jam-packed with parties, a trivia night, fun activities, hilarious icebreakers, amazing race challenges, bonfire, and so much more! There’s also plenty of must-know info to get you ready for the year ahead and succeed in law school including how to succeed in comps, getting the most out of opportunities offered by the UTS LSS, the ins and outs of studying law at UTS, and everything you need to know about the prestigious Brennan Justice and Leadership Program!
Don’t miss out on a fantastic opportunity to:
- Meet your fellow first years, as well as older students!
- Forge friendships that will no doubt last for the remainder of your degree.
- Learn all the tips and tricks to surviving and thriving in law school ahead of time.
- Gain invaluable insight into the social life of UTS Law!
Traditionally, the Dean of the UTS Law Faculty, Professor Lesley Hitchens, also visits to welcome and address the first year students as well as Professor Paul Redmond.
The male and female First Year Representatives are also elected at First Year Law Camp. This position on Council is a fantastic way to get involved by representing the concerns of your fellow first years to the Society.
All first year law students are encouraged to attend, from undergraduates to postgraduates!
The UTS LSS also offers financial assistance in the form of a cost subsidy for first year students who are on a low income or who are experiencing financial difficulty, to ensure all students have the opportunity to attend.
The 2018 Law Camp has concluded – stay tuned for next year’s details!
The UTS LSS generally offers a limited number of subsidised UTS LSS Equity Law Camp Tickets for students who are experiencing financial difficulty. The cost of the tickets under this come down to a heavily subsidised price.
In order to be eligible for UTS LSS Equity Law Camp Tickets you must:
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor of Laws or Juris Doctor at University of Technology Sydney
- On low income and in financial hardship assessed by the LSS Equity Director. Proof of financial disadvantage includes receiving Centrelink (i.e. Centrelink Statement, Low Income Health Care Card, Pensioners Concession Card or a UTS Diversity Access Scholarship)
More details will be released closer to camp date.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Anthony Guerrieri at email@example.com