Nominations for the UTS Law Students’ Society By-Elections are now open for the following positions:
- Postgraduate Representative
- Subject Mooting Director x 2
- Client Interview Director
- Careers (Activities) Director
- Design Director
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply, please send a Statement of Candidature to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 11:59pm on Saturday, 17 November 2018. Any statements sent after this time will not be considered. A Statement of Candidature is a statement that reflects:
- Who you are (your full name, student number, student email address);
- A picture of yourself (optional);
- The position you are nominating yourself for;
- Why you want the position that you are nominating yourself for;
- Any experience that will assist you in the capacity of your nominated position;
- What you will bring to the position during tenure if you are elected; and
- What you will assist this Council in achieving if you are elected.
The requirements for the Statement of Candidature are as follows:
- No more than one A4 page;
- Times New Roman;
- Size 12 font;
- 1.5 spacing;
- 2cm margins;
- Submitted in word format; and
- Must include your full name, student number, student email address, and the nominated position.
In addition to the Statement of Candidature, nominations for Design Director must be accompanied by a design for the following fictional brief:
The UTS LSS First Year Law Camp is the ultimate way to kick-start your university experience. It is a must attend event for all law students starting at UTS, giving you the perfect opportunity to get to know your fellow first year students in a relaxed, fun environment before the stress of university kicks in. The Camp will be held on the 24-26th February at Broken Bay Sport and Recreation Centre.
Design Director nominees must submit an A4 poster advertising the event outlined in the brief.
You may also include a portfolio of additional design work, however this is not compulsory.
Announcement of Results:
The successful candidate for each of the above roles will be notified by the President at the conclusion of voting at the upcoming UTS LSS Council Meeting on Sunday, 18 November 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.