Nominations for the UTS Law Students’ Society By-Elections are now open for the following positions:
Careers (Publications) Director
Subject Mooting Director x 2
Intervarsity Competitions Director
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply, please send a Statement of Candidature to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Saturday, 18 November 2017. Any statements sent after this time will not be considered.
A Statement of Candidature is a statement that reflects:
- Who you are (your full name, student number, student email address);
- A picture of yourself (optional);
- Why you want the position;
- What experience you will have that will assist you in the capacity of Director;
- What you will bring to the position during your tenure if you are elected; and
- What you will assist this Council in achieving if you are elected.
The requirements for the Statement of Candidature are as follows:
- No more than one A4 page;
- Times New Roman;
- Size 12 font;
- 1.5 spacing;
- 2cm margins; and
- Must include your full name, student number, student email address, and the nominated position.
More information about the roles can be found within the By-Laws (http://www.utslss.com/about-us/constitution-and-by-laws/)
In addition to the Statement of Candidature, nominations for the Design Director must be accompanied by a design to the following brief:
The UTS LSS First Year Law Camp is the ultimate way to kick-start your university experience. It is a must attend event for all law students starting at UTS, giving you the perfect opportunity to get to know your fellow first year students in a relaxed and fun environment before the stress of university kicks in and start the semester with a heap of new friends. The Camp will be held on the 4-6th February at Broken Bay Sport and Recreation Centre.
You must submit an A4 poster advertising the event outlined in the brief.
You may include a portfolio of additional design work however this is not necessary.
Announcement of Results:
The successful candidates will be notified by the President at the conclusion of voting at the upcoming UTS LSS Council Meeting.
If you have any questions, contact email@example.com.